This video describes the different parts of a pressure cooker, and how to use it. The pressure cooker consists of a heavy gauge pot and a tight fitting locking lid with a pressure release and a button that pops up when the right pressure is reached. There is also a quick release valve that you can turn manually. There is also a gasket that fits inside the lid to keep the pressure in the pot. To assemble the pressure cooker, insert the gasket under the flanges in the lid, line the lid up on the pot, close the steam vent, and lock the lid. There are different methods for using the pressure cooker. One is called the "natural release" method, which means you let the pot cool off on its own; you can move the switch and release the steam pressure inside; or take the pot to the sink and put cold water on it. Cooking time depends on the cooker itself, your altitude (cooking takes longer at high altitudes), whether you have presoaked the beans or grains you are cooking, and how tender you want them to be. She demonstrates the entire process of using the pressure cooker by cooking some garbanzo beans.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades