Feeling like MacGyver? Create your own cooking spray in a few simple steps.
Reach in your cabinet and make your own homemade cooking spray. Here are a few ways to make it at home.
Step 1: Fill bottle
Fill the spray bottle with olive oil or vegetable oil and use it as a nonstick spray for cookware that has nonstick coating.
Step 2: Mix ingredients
Mix together equal parts liquid lecithin and vegetable oil and pour it into a spray bottle. Shake well, and use it to prevent food from sticking to pots and pans whose surfaces have no nonstick coating, like enamel, copper, and stainless steel cookware.
TIP: Lecithin can be purchased at health food stores.
Step 3: Mix
Beat together equal parts vegetable oil, vegetable shortening, and flour with a whisk until smooth. Refrigerate the mixture in an airtight container, stir it well before using, and use the pastry brush to coat pans when you are ready to bake.
Did you know? Extra virgin olive oil is the purest oil and contains the highest monounsaturated fat content.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades