A sous-vide is an "under vacuum," a method of cooking food sealed in plastic bags and then dipped into a water bath that typically takes up to 72 hours to complete. Why cook your food in plastic baggies, you ask? To make sure all the ingredients come out pure and unadulterated.
If you have a slow cooker in your home then you can cook food the sous-vide way.
Jeff Potter, author of Cooking for Geeks, shares a very technical tip on how to turn your slow cooker into a sous-vide machine.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades