Wondering how to sharpen a kitchen knife?
You need a sharpening stone having a course side and a fine side and some sharpening oil. You also need another stone which is finer than the first one. Keep the blade of the knife on the stone at an angle of 45 degree. Then keep at an angle of 22.5 degree (Half of the previous one). This is the best position for sharpening a knife. Start by pulling the tail of the blade in up and down (to and fro) motion. The same number of strokes should be given on both sides of the knife. Then the same way sharpen the knife on the finer stone and put some oil on the stone to avoid friction. Check the edge of the knife with your finger so that you can understand the sharpness.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades