This video shows the proper way to sharpen chef's knives. Chef Leigh Hudson prefers using synthetic Japanese water stones. He shows how to soak three stones; the first a 400-800 grit stone, the second stone is a 1000 grit stone and the third stone is a 3000 grit stone. The 3000 grit stone is the final process and is as smooth as glass. He explains the different angles needed for the various stones and what the knife could look and feel like at each stage of the process. He also demonstrates a great way to test your freshly sharpened knife to see if it is properly prepared. He also shows two different types of steel: standard and diamond. He teaches you how to use the steels and when it's appropriate to use the steel. He is very clear and takes his time to really work the knives and the stones.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades