Did you know that any time you trot home with a new wok you must season it? While you might think, um, but why would you season a wok? Don't you usually season the food instead? Well, seasoning a wok is not what you think it is (and doesn't involve salt and pepper at all).
When a wok comes home from the factory, it is coated in a shiny, oily layer that protects it from rusting between transporation from the factory to the store. To learn how to get your wok completely clean, watch this video.
Grace Young is an award-winning authority on Chinese cooking, a teacher, author of "Stir-Frying to the Sky's Edge", "The Breath of a Wok", and "Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen", and is a contributor to multiple national magazines. In this video, she gives us an informal lesson on how to season a new, unused wok.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades