Cast-iron provides one of the best cooking surfaces for any cooking. Learn how to season it to perfection.
-The seasoning will continue to improve as the pan is regularly used.
-New cast-iron skillets require seasoning before the first use to create a nonstick finish.
-Wash the new, unseasoned cast-iron pan in hot, soapy water and dry thoroughly.
-Using a cloth soaked in vegetable oil, rub the entire surface of the pan, including the exterior.
-Heat it upside down in a 350 degree oven for one hour.
-Turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven.
-Never wash your pan with dish soap, as an alternative you can rub it clean with salt. Repeat this seasoning process when necessary.
There you have it, simple step by step instructions to seasoning a cast-iron pan.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades