A Food Network chef gives the low down on seasoning a cast iron pan. Cast iron pans need to be seasoned before use because it will make your pan stick resistant and last a lifetime. Another plus of seasoning your cast iron pan is that you will not have to use any additional oil when you are cooking. The cast iron is a great heat conductor and the whole pan heats evenly instead of just in spots. To season a cast iron pan you will need to take a neutral oil, vegetable oil works fine, and rub it into the pan. Start out with a light coat. Then you bake your pan as directed in the video. Repeating this process a few time will season, or cure, your pan even more.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades