Cast iron skillets are the original non-stick "Teflon" coating. An iron skillet seasoned properly will keep food from sticking, and its is great for browning and easy to care for. And good cast iron cookware will last a life time. Cast iron skillets have been handed down from generation to generation. Rita's favorite cast iron skillet was handed down from her mother and is at least 100 years old.
This how-to video demonstrates how to season a cast iron skillet using a bit of vegetable oil and a few hours in a warm oven. Rita also shows you how to care for your cookware, clean your skillet and re-season it.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades