Even if you're a master at the grill, dealing with the tank can be a little intimidating if you've never done it before. But there's really not much to worry about. Exchanging or refilling your gas grill tank is easy to do.
Warning: Propane is flammable and hazardous. Do not use or store a cylinder in a garage or other enclosed area.
You Will Need
*A gas grill
*A propane tank
*A propane dealer
Step 1: Turn off gas
Turn off the gas on the grill and any external burners.
Step 2: Turn off cylinder value
Turn the cylinder tank valve hand wheel all the way to the right until it is completely closed.
Step 3: Unscrew hose or knob
Unscrew the hose or knob that connects the grill to the tank and remove the tank from the grill.
Tip: Rap on the side of the tank. An empty tank will have an echo.
Step 4: Transport tank
Transport the tank in a secure, upright, and vertical position to be refilled or exchanged.
Tip: Never allow the tank to be bounced around, and don't transport more than four tanks at a time.
Step 6: Reconnect
Take your full tank home, reconnect it, and start grilling.
Fact: More than two-thirds of all grills are fueled by propane.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades