This video shows how to preseason a cast iron skillet. If it has rust
or is flaking, it will need to be seasoned. Wash the skillet in warm, soapy
water and dry it thoroughly inside and out. Preheat your oven to 50 degrees.
Pour into the skillet 4 to 5 tablespoons of Canola oil. Take a paper towel
and spread the oil inside and outside of the skillet and the skillet handle.
Put the skillet on a cookie sheet upside-down, so the oil in the middle of the skillet can drip off onto the cookie sheet. In the oven, the pores of the
skillet open and when it comes out of the oven and cools, the pores close
up and create a non-stick skillet. Wipe it out again after it cools down.
Don't use harsh detergent because it will remove the seasoning.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades