When you use your knife, you want it to be sharp. When you first buy your knife it has a factory edge, which is the sharpest it will ever be. To maintain a sharp edge on the knife you are going to need to invest in a sharpening steel. To sharpen the knife, take the sharpening steel in one hand and the knife in the other. Pull the knife toward you on the bottom and the top with gentle strokes. After you have gently pulled it across the steel a few times apply some pressure and speed up a little bit. If you have any burrs or nicks in the edge of your knife the sharpening steel will take them off and get your knife nice and sharp.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades