This video demonstrates how to sharpen a carbon steel knife using a whet stone. Depending on how much you use the knife and how you use it, the knife might need to be sharpened once a month or every other week. First the whet stone should be lubricated using water. Then place the knife on the whet stone at an angle as shown in the video and drag it up and down while applying ample pressure to sharpen it. Do not twist the knife. Depending on the hardness of the knife and the roughness of the whet stone the time taken to sharpen the knife can vary.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades