When sitting down to eat a Japanese meal, you will often be offered a warm towel. This is to be used to wash your hands. You should accept the towel and wash your hands with it. Fold the towel back up to look the way it was when it was given to you.
Wait for someone else to begin eating, before you eat. Pick up your chopsticks, keeping them level with one hand. Don‚Äôt point them at people. Don‚Äôt wave them around. You should allow one chopstick to rest on your ring finger. It will be stationary. Allow the upper one to sit under your pointer finger. The top chopstick will be the one that you will be manipulating. Don‚Äôt serve yourself from a communal bowl, with the end of the chopsticks that you had in your mouth.
You can pick up your bowl, if you like. Always watch the others.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades